Wednesday, February 25, 2009

first part of chapter one...

This is turning out to be a long cold winter, and the meds barley seem to take the edge off. The flies and mice scurry and flit around everywhere, and it's starting to really fking irritate me. I'm too lazy to catch up with the laundry and the pain in my ear and jaw is currently bearable, but that can change at any time. It's damn cold in here since the insulation in this apartment is poor at best, but it's still better than nothing by far. I must say, I miss the house I once had. Even thought it was barely more than a handful of years ago, it seems like it's been a lifetime since I left it. But that's a long story for another time, maybe. None the less, I'm thankful for the flat I'm in now. I've had a few meaningless jobs here in the Granite City since just before I left that house, having to also leave my job of 10 years at that time as well. Which was my own difficult choice. Although, I've often wondered these past few years, if it was the wrong one. My life here has become sedentary, and pretty much meaningless. A constant dysphoria. My credit is shot straight to hell, I owe thousands and I believe I've been sued. Not that I have anything to give. I have nothing. I have no house, no car, no savings, no assets, no rsp's, abc's or xyz's. Nothing. My health isn't even all that good either. I say (write) this as I'm having a cigarette and a shot of scotch I had left......................

(to be cont')
JKM

No comments:

Post a Comment